Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Valentines Day! Who loves you? The Lord loves you!!!! :)

Sister Grant and I at the training meeting.
Date:  February 10, 2014
Area:  Gurnee
Companion:  Sister Grant

As I like to say to My District Leader when he calls us every night,

Yo Yo Wazz UP?  This is Sister North and Sister Grant!

So My awesome Peeps!  Wazz UP?  From Chicago?

First off I want to share some of my thoughts from church yesterday!  It was awesome!  The best way anyone can receive the energy they need to go through another week.  Don't believe me?  Try it!  It really does work!!  I promise!!  :D

My baby - Sister Winn.  My momma - Sister Kershaw
and my sister in the mission Sister Hawkins
The Bishopric spoke in sacrament and some of the thoughts I wrote down are:
- Adversity and trials should lead us to The Lord.
Along with this I want to share what I read in the Book of Mormon this morning in Mosiah 20.  It talks about the people being put into bondage and how the Lord needs to chasten us to see what we will do and to see if we will put our trust in Him and ask for His help.  We really should be asking for His help in EVERYTHING!  I know he WILL help us!!!
- Exercise your Faith and turn it into Action
- WE CAN NOT DO IT ALONE!!!  We need His help!!
- We can see the Atonement in our own life, how can we use the Atonement, how are we going to use it?
It is up to us to use the Atonement in our life.  It is something that Christ did for each one of us!  He can help make our burdens lighter, the question is are we letting him?
- It is God's will not ours
- Are we willing to give up everything for our Savior?
- Are the things people died for important to me?  Christ, Joseph Smith, what did these people do for you?  What are you going to do about it?
- What am I doing with the blessing I have?
- Am I proving myself to God?
- We knew life would be hard but we shouted for Joy!!
- We wanted to and were willing to come to earth, there is a purpose!!
- Our happiness is the ultimate goal, so how are you going to be happy?
- Repentance provides us with the opportunity to feel peace.

Just some thoughts to think about this week  :)
Jacket for 5 bucks!


This week has been slow but still good.  We had exchanges this week and Sister Kershaw came here with me and ALL of our appointments feel through including our back ups!  It was lame but we still had fun!  It has been the week full of things getting rescheduled or not happening.  Needless to say I was getting a little discouraged. 

The next day things kept not working out but we had an amazing dinner at the Woods and talked about prayer and they all shared an experience and it was awesome.  The spirit was strong and just so amazing!!  It is cool to see the Lord help you ask the right questions and hearing others bear their testimony and in this case how they gained/strengthen their testimony with prayer.

Pday lunch with Sister Bratcher, Smith, and Spencer at Chilies!  YUMMY
Teaching Paul - Paul, Krystal,
Sister Grant and I
The biggest miracle this week was meeting Tiesha!!  We left there a little later then we thought but still had about a half hour or so before nine.  Early that morning we planned to go see a PNI and her name was Sonora.  So that is just what we did.  It was at least 8:30 when we knocked on the door lightly and it wasn't Sonora or Pat, which are two people we have met at the house before, and Sister Grant was like, "You aren't Pat or Sonora" so she yells back into the house saying "They Know you!"  It was pretty funny and then we asked if we could talk to her and she let us in.  We started talking about the Bible and I asked her what her favorite stories are.  She told us a few and we talked about it and then we started talking about the first vision and the Book of Mormon.  She was excited to have her own copy!!!  The spirit was SO strong like I'm pretty sure her neighbors could feel it!  It was crazy awesome.  All of us almost cried, we got all teary-eyed and if she would of cried I know I would have.  We talked about some things and something that was really cool is she prayed two days before to help know the way.  I don't even know what I can tell you about this lesson but it was amazing!!  She was excited for us to leave so she could read her "homework".  We left her to read 3 Nephi 11 and she was so excited!!!  She said we could come back the next day, but things ended up not working out but we are meeting her tonight.  Sister Grant and I both left that lesson just awe struck and hearts so full.  It was just WOW!!!  I just had my heart full of gratitude for my Savior.  He knew I was having a hard time and I just wanted to teach people and help them enjoy that ultimate happiness that this Gospel brings and then we met Tiesha!  It was such a blessing and I just canNOT wait to teach her and help her know how much her Father in Heaven loves her and the He has a plan for her and all of us!!
Me and my Momma Sister Kershaw
on exchanges together this past week.

Miracles really do happen!!  Some are big and some are small!

The next miracle I would like to share is that I know that the Lord will Protect us!!  We went to stop by a PNI and as soon as we got there I just had this huge feeling and was like hmmm...So as Sister Grant was praying I was saying my own prayer trying to figure out if this is a good feeling or not.  After she was done praying I turned to ask her if she still felt good about going and knocking.  She wasn't sure so we asked and still wasn't sure so we decided to act.  We got out of the car and walked a few feet and then we knew right away that we needed to leave.  I don't know what would have happened if we went and knocked on the door but I do know that the Lord didn't want us there at that time.  He was protecting us!  

We are silly
After that we went and stopped by Kayyla for a few minutes just to say hi and see how she was doing.  For all I know that is why we left was to go and help Kayyla know that she is loved and that someone is there for her.

I will probably never know the reason we didn't feel like we should be at that house but I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving us promptings from the spirit that can help us.

We got to meet with June this week and he took us out to dinner.  He even said the prayer, in a public place!  I was so proud of him!!!

We also visited with Mary and she also asked if we'd like to have dinner with her.  It was very nice.  We watched the restoration DVD and re-invited her to ask if what we are teaching her is true.  She is a sweet lady and is enjoying reading from the Book of Mormon and learning.  We are doing our best to help her understand.  She was going to come to church this week but then was invited over to her daughters house.  So hopefully she will come next week.
Sister Grant and I
back together after exchanges

There are three of me!
We had a great lesson with Paul.  He rescheduled like four times, no lie!  But we finally met with him and he picked out three verses that he wanted to talk about!  That was really cool.  He is also going to Boise this week for work and spending time with his daughter who is a member.I guess he is going to call us with her, and we are going to try and have a lesson over Skype.  We think that would be really cool, so hopefully it works out.  We hope she can help clear up some of his concerns but we will see.

We met with Rachel and Jay this week!  We haven't gotten to teach them since Thanksgiving!  We had a great lesson on prayer and they even had a friend there.  Oh how I just love prayer.  It really so wonderful and is the key to receiving the help we need in life.  I know it really does work!

We also had a sister training meeting this past week.  ALL the sisters from the Illinois Mission got together and we even learned how to choke people.  HA!  We learned a self defense move :) and some of this we can do in our apartment to exercise.  We of course had TONS of spiritual food and I would love to share what I learned but I wouldn't do them justice at the moment.  It was cool to be in a room of all the sister missionaries in our mission and President Woodbury.  How I love that man!  He is so amazing and such an example to me!

package came total destroyed and in another bag.
Time is well spent and I love you all so much!!

Letters this week!
- Grandma Mary!
- Package fro my Mom
- Taylynne
- And yes Mom I did get the letter for Ivette, she loved it!  It caught Sister Grant off guard when she saw it and I was like yep that is my momma!  :D

Love,
Sister North :D
Pictures from the Sister Training Meeting!!!
Sister Matta and I
Sister Leal and I.  Sister Leal is from my Grandma and
Grandpa's ward in West Jordan.
Sister Lepule, Sister Winward and I
Sister Training Meeting - It was AMAZING!
Hermana Wilki and I

Sister North LOVES mail so please take the time to write to her.  She would love to hear what is going on with you in your life.  She loves pictures to.  If you you have gospel questions you can send them to her via Facebook.  She is listed as Sister-Amber North.  She can only talk about the gospel since she is on a mission and has devoted this time to preaching the word of the Lord.  She is really good about writing back though if you would like to send her a snail mail.  Thanks for your love and support it helps letting are daughter go for 18 months easier knowing there are so many who care for her.

Sister Amber North
Illinois Chicago Mission
800 Waukegan Rd #203
Glenview, Illinois 60025

No comments:

Post a Comment