Monday, April 21, 2014

#BecauseofHim, #BIGTRANSFER

University of Chicago but it reminds me of Hogwarts
Date:  April 21st, 2014
Area:  Valpo, Indiana
Companion:  Sister Wells
Valpo Week 7
 
Hey Family and Friends!!!
Man so I am so excited about this Transfer and it is crazy that we are already on week two!!  A lot of awesome things are going to happen and I have high hopes that we will have a baptism too! that would be cool!! :D
The highlights of this Transfer
#Easter/BecauseofHim
#haftwaypoint CRAZY!!! 9 Months already?
#Mothersday
#Birthdays (both mine and Sister Wells)
#Baptism
Yep It is going to be an awesome one!!! :D
First off I want to start off talking about Easter!! How wonderful!!
I invite ALL of you to check out this amazing video!! #BecauseofHim
easter.mormon.org

Sister North and Sister Wells
I had the wonderful opportunity to speak in Sacrament yesterday on the Atonement! I was honored to speak and I must say I think I am getting a little bit better on speaking.  It was so much better then the last time I spoke...at my farewell(weird) on the same topic. 

I love the Atonement!! Because of the Atonement we are able to do anything and everything!! Everything is possible because Christ died for us! My favorite scripture that talks about the Atonement is...

Alma 7
 
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.
 13 Now the Spirit aknoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the bflesh that he might ctake upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

I just love it so much!!  It tells us that he can feel EVERYTHING we are feeling!!! I know he lives! He is so wonderful! and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to serve him here in Portage, Indiana! I love it here!!

We had an awesome experience this morning!! Two of them in fact!!
Zone Valpo


The first one is we talked to Brother Nickels and asked him if it is okay to start teaching his kids the lessons and he said Yes! Super exciting! We have been over there a few times and they are great! Hyper and they can be crazy lessons but they are good.  We have been teaching them very basic things but we didn't want to teach them the entirety of the Gospel if Brother Nickels(the Dad) wasn't okay with that.


Then when we were checking out of Meijers our cashier asked why we were dressed up. PERFECT!! Well we told her who we are and a little bit of what we do.  She asked if we get paid for being a missionary we said nope we actually pay, then she found out that we are from Utah and then that we are here for 18 Months!  Because I was talking to her she almost forgot to scan the waters and then give Sister Wells her stamps but it was my fault so it was totally okay! But there was someone behind us so I asked her if we could tell her more or something and she gave us her number!! and we gave her ours and our Facebook information!! It was awesome!! The Lord really is blessing us SO SO Much!! I am so excited!! She is about our age.
District Awesome!


One of the cool things that happened this week was yesterday after seeing a less active we prayed about what area we should go and we both felt like the "green area" and then we looked at the list and a few of the stick out and them I said a name out loud and Sister Wells was like huh? Me too, so we went and saw the Nickels! We shared the #BecauseofHim video and tried to talk a little bit about why we have Easter. It was a little harder because there was a niece that has hardened her heart against the church but it was good. We are hoping to start teaching the kids soon, there are five of them and the
youngest is I believe six. While we go shopping we are going to ask permission form the Dad since he works at Meijer's. He likes us coming over and sharing messages and seems very supportive but we don't want to push any buttons, so hopefully we can start teaching them the lessons.
Elder Murillo!  Sister Kershaw and I served with him in my first area, first Transfer

Elder Power was taking pictures of himself so we joined in

Goodbye Elder Harrison
Oh! A miracle moment is we went to the library but it was a different one then we usually go to but I felt like we should go to that one before we go stop by some one else and Kim was there! She is working two jobs and going to school right now so she is hard to meet with. It was great! I told her we'd send her an cool Easter Video and guess what! When we got on the next day she shared it on her Facebook! It was super awesome. :)

The awesome Martinez family

Sister Comstock Sister Skeen and Sister North

Sister North and Comstock with the Vickers

We met with Debbie this week! Saw her Monday and then later in the week.  We had planned to see Sharon but she got sick so as a backup we went and saw Debbie with Sister Daubeck.  I love how the Lord works because during personal study I read a talk from the Engsin

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/04/the-blessings-of-perseverance?lang=eng
and as I read it I thought of Debbie and it was perfect because that is what we talked about.  We talked about Enduring to the End and it was a great lesson!!

Letters this week!
-Janelle Sanchez, Grandma Mary, Amiee Smith :D Thank You :D
Sister Wells and I on the first day together

University of Chicago - This super cool building thing that is a Library

We went and ate Mexican and well took silly pictures


I love you all so much!! Thank you so much for all your prayers and love and support!! I hope you have have a great week!! Go look up the #BecauseofHim video it is just a few minutes long and it is amazing!!!

I love you all!
Love,
Sister North :D
Well she still hasn't gotten her Easter package.  Goodness this package has taken longer to get to her than Jered's did to him in Guatemala.  O well, I am sure it will get there eventually.  Her birthday is on May 18th!  AHHH can't believe my baby girl is going to be 21.  Lets get those birthday cards out to her, she would love it!!!

Sister Amber North
Illinois Chicago Mission
800 Waukegan Rd #201
Glenview, Illinois 60025

No comments:

Post a Comment