Monday, April 7, 2014

Sometimes canned Juice will Help you die faster

Me and the Easter Deer
Date:  April 7, 2014
Area:  Valpo, Indiana
Companion:  Sister Comstock
Week Five in Valpo!
Bahaha!!! So I guess I should explain the "sometimes canned Juice will help you die faster" 
Story Time!  So we got these canned juices from a member.  We had grape juice when we were at her house and it was good, I just tried a little bit seeing how I think it takes like medicine. ha and she mentioned how she has some other kids such as blueberry, and peaches so she gave us them to take home.  Well needless to say....
This is from Sister Comstocks letter and it is just perfect so I asked if I could put it in mine :D

"Mmmm... Canned blueberries....

Nifty idea, right? Sounds good, right? WRONG! It tasted like paint varnish!! So if any of you have the desire to can
them.....please....reconsider. I made my companion try it, and then asked,"if you were dying, and this was the only thing to drink... Would you drink it?" She looked up and said, "Well sure! I think it would speed up the process!" So there you have it. Don't. Can. Blueberries."
Sister Comstock and the Easter Deer

We both died laughing and I hope this makes you laugh because as I read it I still am laughing and thinking this experience it is rather funny!! :D haha I promise you didn't miss out taste testing them.... ;) anyway, thanks again for the mail :) It is always a great way to put a Smile on my Face. :) *hint hint* Keep them Coming :D
Easter Deer

Letters:
-Grandma Mary (2) loved the funnies, they made us laugh! :)
- Nutty
- Sister Burr

Anyway!  It has been a great week! Being a Missionary is one of a Kind! I recommend it for EVERYONE :D


We were driving to an appointment and the train stopped.
Tuesday
It was a chalax kind of day. We visited Dolores who is a less active and a lot of it was just getting to know her and learning what her needs are. She is really nice. We came in a little early and went to bed early. It was nice doing missionary work. :)

Wednesday
Back to working hard and being a missionary full time! Yay! It is never fun being sick. We had a great district meeting as always and learned some different ways to work with members and helping them see the full vision of why we are here, and that is to help others have eternal families. :) so we set up an appointment with what we thought was a Less Active but turns out he is a former investigator. We talk to Him for oh ten fifteen minutes and the spirit told us to leave. It
was crazy! Talking after both of us had that feeling and it was cool to see the spirit warn and talk to both of us. I still don't know what would have happened if we stayed but glad we left. It is so important to listen to the prompting a of the Spirit. We met this cool guy named Keenen at the library today and he seems pretty interested, we have to email him later and set up another time to meet with him. We had dinner with Sister Sam and her house is the cutest little old house
ever! I look around and I'm like wow that is cool! It was good and we talked about the Book of Mormon and what are favorite stories are. :)

Thursday
Today has been a good day, we have been busy. This morning we helped Sister Hagman finish pricing things for her yard sell next week. She is moving to Utah she isn't sure where yet it just depends on where she gets a job. We got to meet with a Less Active older couple, they are really nice, it was a little weird at first and we did t know what to talk about but they said we could come back and we left our number with them and Sister....thought the Mormon.org card was cool and didn't know the church had a website. We invited her to check it out and she seemed pretty excited about it. So hopefully something will catch her attention.

We had dinner with the Archer family and I just love them! It is always so great going over there. :) funny: I was cutting
Getting my teeth fixed at the dentist
tomatoes and I almost cut my self...yikes but no worries. We talked about having a strong foundation. We then went and had a lesson with Tammy who we met at the Library my first week here(I still love meeting people there)  hehe it was an okay lesson. She has a ton of questions and but the lesson wasn't really focused and it was just everywhere so next time we are going to bring a member and keep it on one or two topics and that should help.

Friday
I finished the Book of Mormon!! Ahh yay! :) President Woodbury gave us a challenge during Christmas to read the Book of Mormon by April's conference and to mark everything that talks about Christ and His Atonement. Wow! My love for my Savior has grown. I love looking at my Book of Mormon and seeing ALL the blue highlight! This book is truly
another testament of Jesus Christ! He is written on every page! If you read it you WILL come closer to Our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ I promise you that if You read the Book of Mormon is can help you with anything!  As I prayed again about the Book of Mormon taking Moroni's Promise:

Moroni 10:3-5

3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if
it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember
how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the
creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these
things, and ponder it in your hearts.

4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye
would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these
things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with
real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it
unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

I instantly felt a warmth and peace come over me confirming that what I have just read is true! It wasn't anything huge but it is all I needed to re-confirm my answer. I already knew that the Book of Mormon was true but I wanted to ask again. And He answered me again. :) I know God hears our prayers! He does hear your prayer! I know if you are having a gloomy day you can pick up the scriptures and God will give you peace and even guidance. This is His church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I know it to be true! :)

Video:
A Book of Mormon Story:

http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages/topics/book-of-mormon?v=1256696369001  

I watched this video earlier this week and it hit me. I love the scriptures he shares. One of the things he said "I just want to share this book with everyone" this is how I feel. The Book of Mormon is so powerful and it brings that joy we are all are aching for! It is up to all of us to read the words, ponder them, and ask God if they are true.
Sister Comstocks birthday decorations
We had the most amazing Lesson with Debbie with Bishop Sarver!!! We taught the Restoration and helped her understand the Priesthood.  We ended the Lesson with singing 'Joseph's First Prayer'  It was a Powerful lesson!! :D  I was so grateful for Bishop Sarver and his willingness to come with us!! He answered and taught things we could never of explained or taught.  Members being involved in Missionary work is KEY!!!
Saturday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER COMSTOCK!!! The Big 21!! :D  the night before she wasn't feeling the greatest so she went to bed early which was perfect because I had fun writing Happy B-Day on the wall with sticky notes and coloring on our bathroom mirror so she woke up to a fun surprise!
We watched Conference at the church and WOW it was so amazing!!! Sister Skeen picked us up and then we picked Debbie up.  For lunch we went to this place called Schoops and it was good but more money then I would pay.  BUT I loved the music...Might not be the best thing as a missionary but it was all 80's and this is how this place was just a cute little 80's place.  They played a few songs that I sang in Arise and it brought me back to thinking of how much I loved that Choir!! Wow so many great memories!! I wish I could be in it again :D
Out to eat for lunch on Saturday between conference sessions
We then went back to the church and watched Conference again! :D  We had MCM and dinner.  It was a day of meetings but really good. :)

Sunday!!
OH How I love Conference!! For lunch we stayed at the church and Sister Thomas brought yummy food and we all ate together with the Elders.  They have three kids Ashley 17 and Courtney 14.  They are great....I might of taught Courtney how to squirt grape juice at each other....it was fun!...but yeah...Ha! I can thank one of my buddies from back home for teaching me that one! Ha! Both the girls play soccer and even had soccer games Saturdaynight and it made me think if you guys did.  How is Soccer going?
So last night we went and visited the Yuen family and Sister Yuen was in the best mood! We enjoyed talking outside in her back yard chilling on her porch swing and can I SAY how Excited and THRILLED I am that it was 8pm and we talked outside for an hour and we did die from the Cold!! It was a nice night! a little chilly but so wonderful!! AHH SPRING IS IN THE AIR!! and I sure hope it stays!! It is really nice!!! :D

Alright So CONFERENCE!!

I learned a Lot, One of the things that I thought was interesting is I was reflecting back to the Book of Mormon and the Bible and how when Prophets came they called the people to Repentance and I was thinking to myself hmm...they don't really do that.  And then the first Session of Conference happened and I was like...Oh Yes they do!! and Boy was it awesome!!! 
 We are loved so much! and I am so glad we are able to receive direction from God in this crazy world!! :D
I think the biggest Message that I got for me is, You are loved, You can do anything with my (God's) help, you just need to trust in Me(Christ) and have Faith, and as I do my best He will Help and Bless me. 
I know the Lord loves us all!! He loves you!! and He wants all of Us to be happy and have the highest Joy!!!
I also loved the talk about how we just have four minutes, this life really is so short, so what are YOU going to do with it?

Thank you for all You do!!  I invite you to read from the Scriputres, re-read or watch the talks from conference, these things will guide you to happiness!!

Love,
Sister North :D

No comments:

Post a Comment