Monday, June 2, 2014

Date:  June 2, 2014
Area:  Valpo, Indiana
Companion:  Sister Wells
Valpo Week 13

Hello My lovely people I know and Love!! :)

So great to email you all today! How are you? What is going on in the life of you? I would just LOVE to hear from you! :) Missionaries sure do love mail! (And random packages of laughter)...feel free to interrupt that one...it could be fun. ;)

I am doing just wonderful! The last few days have been awesome and last night ended great!  And I feel like a good missionary again!  Which honestly is an amazing feeling! Alright so let me explain it isn't like I have been doing anything bad but things have been hard and my desire to work my hardest hasn't been consistent. This week I managed to catch a cold and Man that sure took me under the bus! It was awful. Thankfully I have a wonderful companion that was patient
with me even when I didn't want to work. But we did, I pushed through and slept every chance I got. But we did get some good laughs a few days this week as I woke up sounding like a man and well singing for companion study, bahaha it was rather hilarious!...needless to say Sister Wells was like we'll just sing this verse...or two of them...partly because she kept laughing. I sounded pretty good as a bass if I had to say so my self. ;) haha
District meeting Sister Wells and I taught about using the scriptures
and then Hermana Escabar was like turning pages turns hearts

Elder Berhow hiding from me.

Elder Foster chilling with the fire.

Valpo Olympics

Red Team Rocks


Ha! It is Park Place and I just had to take a
picture!!! Good times at Snow!!!

RED TEAM

Singing at the hospital a couple of weeks ago.

On Wednesday I gained a testimony in a way I never thought I would on my mission.  I learned how important it is to follow the Word of Wisdom. A little weird thing to come to while I am on a mission. You see I have been sick the last few days and I have been kind of in a daze and before we went and stopped by someone I had a 'light bulb' moment and was like, oh I know why it is so important to follow the word of wisdom. Because while being sick I found it a lot harder to feel the spirit and to be an instrument in Gods hand. It was a struggle for me to focus and listen and feel the Holy Ghost. I know God has given us commandments to follow for a reason. I know as we follow the things he has asked he WILL give us strength! It is so important to have the faith to do so and Trust God that He Will help us in all that we are doing. But He does ask us to do our part. So this week has been a testimony of keeping the commandments and obeying with exactness! I know as we do so we will be blessed! It tells us in the scriptures all the time!

For example:
"And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?" (Mosiah 2:24)

I know God has blessings He wants to give us! He loves us all so much! Just like this scripture says he wants to bless you IMMEDIATELY! This is all over in the scriptures. I invite you to go find some this week as you are studying. Share it with someone! Put it on Facebook, share it with a family member! Share what you learn. Not only does it build
your own testimony but you have a chance to uplift someone else. How awesome is that?

I also have a challenge and invitation for those of my family and friends who have Facebook. I invite you to share a one line testimony for ten days and then use the hashtags #10ToTestify and #TestimonyChallenge I just started this on Saturday and will continue to do so tomorrow, I invite you all to join me.  #HasteningtheWorkofSalvation we can help Gods children in more ways then one! And one of those great tools we are given is social media! Even if people don't like it or comment on it or share it,(which is awesome...hint hint) I know people WILL see it! You can help us start
a new "trend" on Facebook. Ain't that cool? :) sharing the Gospel is awesome! I know this is Gods work and he wants us to use all of our tools to be Missionaries. :)

I know has you make an extra effort to share the Gospel, you will be blessed! He is cheering us on! He is proud of us when we do what he says! I love you all so much! I am so excited to hear about your missionary experiences! :) :) you can and will have them if you try and pray for them but you must ACT.

This week was rough but like I said it ended good. There is always light at the end of the tunnel! :)

Last night we saw Mary Jo and Gary! Oh my goodness it was just so amazing! :) we planned to share an article from this months ensign but we forgot it. Lately I've been watching the videos in gospel library in the youth sections and boy are they amazing. So I went to look at them and I'm like eh..not for them right now and then both Sister Wells and I new what to share and it was the youth theme song "Come Unto Christ" we shared it with them and after MaryJo was like, He's calling our name! Oh it was awesome! :) and we shared Moroni 10:32 and I love the part where it says we can become perfected with the Saviors help! It is awesome!  :)

For MCM we roosted hot dogs and sat around the fire and the bugs loved the Elders more then us! Yay! :) it was funny and next week we are going to roosting s'mores! Yum!  :)

We had a pretty good lesson with Debbie and Sister Skeen came which was so awesome!  :) yay! :) it was such a blessing to have a member with us! Members makes lesson so great! :) we talked more about scriptures and read from them and the spirit was there and that was nice. Sadly she had to work so she didn't come to church again.
:( sigh

We also met with the Yarros with the Lewis family and tried to teach more about prayer and the Holy Ghost but the lesson was kinda everywhere and it was really hard to have the spirit there and there were SO many distractions. The only thing that kept the lesson going is scriptures. We are meeting with them tomorrow with brother Lester so hopefully we can actually teach this time. Sister Bradley will be with me on exchanges. We exchange tonight to tomorrow so that will be fun to be with Sister Bradley again for the day. :)
We went to go see Maryjo and Gary earlier this week and they weren't home but as we drove past this street in my head I was like we should tract that street so we did. And we met Precella and her adorable 2yr old son who is
just wonderful! He gave me a hug hehe :D and we are meeting with her tonight. It was awesome! and she let us in and said we could come back. We are looking forward to teaching her tonight. 
Well it was a rough but good week.  The Lord always provides!

Letters:
-Ceaira North! Yay! Thanks Sis! You were the only letter I got last
week! And then today we got tons of mail because the mail was being
held from transfers.
-Nutty! :) I was waiting all week! And it came today! Oh how I loved
it! Thanks my dear :) you are the best!  :)
-Elder Deweese
-Karoline
-Elder Chacon
-Grandma Mary
I love you all so much!!
Thanks for everything! :D
Love,
Sister North :D

No comments:

Post a Comment