Monday, July 21, 2014

...three words...Year Mark!...weird!

Me eating a snack and so I told
Sister Wells to smile.
Date:  July 21, 2014
Area:  Valparisio, Indiana
Companion:  Sister Wells
Week 20 in Valpo


Hey Mom! And everyone else! :)

What a crazy week, I feel like I say that a lot, every week is sure interesting in its own little ways. So much keeps happening even when I don't feel like anything happened ha! I was thinking about what happened this week and I was in awe that YES we did have a great week! :)

I want to first start out with a talk that brought me peace and comfort this week. These last few weeks have been rough personally, but I do know God loves us all! I wanted to find a talk to help me have more of a well I guess desire so I typed that in the gospel library and I came across this amazing talk! :)

The Hope of God’s Light
By President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/the-hope-of-gods-light?lang=eng

This entire talk is so so amazing! So you all should go read it! One of the parts I loved is this:

Light Overcomes Darkness

      "Yes, we will make mistakes.

        Yes, we will falter.

       But as we seek to increase our love for God and strive to love our neighbor, the light of  the gospel will surround and uplift us. The darkness will surely fade, because it cannot exist in the presence of light. As we draw near to God, He will draw near to us.6 And day by day, the hope of God’s light will grow within us, “brighter and brighter until the perfect day.”
      To all who feel they walk in darkness, I invite you to rely on this certain promise spoken      by the Savior of mankind: “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”8
The Hope of God’s Light"

But for reals go read it! It will change your life! This Gospel changes life's! It is just the BEST!! :)

Letters:
-Mom (2) Mom I didn't print off pictures today so I'll do it next
week and then send you my card. :D Thanks for sending me a
new one. :D and I got your other card today and your PS made
me giggle.  I love you!! Thank you so much for writing me :D
-Aunt Marcia and Uncle Jim (LOVED the pictures!!!!)
-Grandma Mary (2)
-Sister Victora J! :)

Man I feel like Monday was like three weeks ago!...so weird..it has been a long week in a way just all these things happened and it feels like it was forever ago but surprise! It was this week!

Monday - It all goes up from here! :) (mostly)
So I've been in a crummy mood the last few days last week and I wasn't sure what all was going on and then I figured it out! Thanks to Sister Woodbury, sometimes as a Missionary people tell you everything and you become like a councilor or something and man it can be draining! And just a lot of stuff has happened and I didn't realize how much it
drained me but something she said was like oh yep there is your answer because I'd been wondering what has been up.

And I took the best nap ever and just relaxed and did nothing for like three hours! It was so wonderful and glorious! So that also helped me feel so much better! Not even kidding! I forgot how nice it is to take a nice nap once in a while.
Falin is moving, saying Goodbye, She rocks


We had Dinner with Summers and that was fun, we played the Godhead game and one of there little boys was just cute, He got a Heavenly Father card and was like that's God and just how he said it was adorable!

Then we drove to the church and had Interviews with President!! Ahh yay! I love That man! He is just so amazing! :) <3 :) I know he is suppose to be my Mission President! I am always learning from him! We had a great interview and I honestly think it was the longest interview I've had with him so that was cool. For some reason my interviews seem to last like five minutes, but this time it was longer. I honestly could talk to that man all day, he like knows my soul! At least I feel like he does ha! And he always knows what to say! I am so blessed to have him as my Mission President!

Tuesday
We had our awesome Zone meeting! Oh how I LOVE LOVE LOVE meetings! I wish they were everyday! :) we have a Sister Training Meeting on the 31st and I just can NOT wait! :) so exciting! :)

I am bummed I was blinking when they took it.  O well


After that we started our Exchanges and Sister Hone came with me here to the good ol Portage! :)

Sometimes I make something yummy and eat it
during study time.  Study time always goes too fast.
We had a super awesome lesson with the Sarvers, they are just wonderful! :) they have started reading the Book of Mormon! Yay! The Book of Mormon changes peoples life! We started talking about how God is such a loving Heavenly Father and then we talked about Sacrament and the importance of that and it was a really great lesson. Gary said
such a wonderful closing prayer! The longest one yet! :) it makes me smile :)


After dinner we went to Institute which was good and Glenn almost didn't come but he did! Yay! :) we even had a yummy donuts! It was so good! Today we talked about 'The Living Christ' and one of my favorite parts is this:
“I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was
slain; I am your advocate with the Father” (D&C 110:3–4).
The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles
http://www.lds.org/manual/the-living-christ-the-testimony-of-the-apostles/the-living-christ-the-testimony-of-the-apostles?lang=eng

Christ is our Advocate! He is right there with us. It is so wonderful and so awesome! :) ever since I had the chance to be a Student Body Advocate(Officer) at snow I have loved the word advocate. The reason why they changed it from officer to advocate is because we are not over the students we are right there with them, on the same playing fielded and we are there to help them. I loved that and just know that Christ is right there is us is just so wonderful! :)

Wednesday
Highlight of today is that we taught the Yaros and Joe joined in on the lesson!!! Ahh!! I am so excited to start teaching them! So exciting! :)

When we first got there only Gloria was home but as we started the lesson they came home from the park. Joe got some juice and took it outside but then he came back in and joined us at the table! It was crazy! Right now I can't even remember what we talked about but it was awesome! And Gloria even grabbed his hand, you could tell she was
excited to! We looked at the intro and my copy that I wrote in all the reference of Christ was on the table and that is what he used and he was looking through it at my writings so I left it with him. I wrote my Testimony in it when I finished so I hope this copy will help him because it means a lot to me. :) he seemed honored to take it, he said no at first and said he had his own. I said I know but I was like you can use it for now. And he smiled and said okay!  I look forward to
teaching them next week. I just know Joe is our key. So exciting! They are going to be able to learn together more fully! Yay! :)

We had an interesting lesson at the Jones, when we got there she was still asleep, but I finally met her husband! He's nice. We attempted to share a message with her daughter who is Less Active but she didn't really care, but it gave us enough time for Sister Jones to wake up and she was really happy we were still there, we shared parts of the
talk "Being Grateful in Your Circumstance" from this last conference.

Lunch- I tried something called Couscous, it's kinda weird ha! weird

We got to meet with the Nickels, and taught more of the Plan of Salvation and we will finish that up this week. They are good kids!

Then off to Chicago to exchange back, and then we went to a park in Valpo for a ward picnic it was super fun and then we had a great lesson on the sidewalk because the grass was wet with Ashley, Dustin, and Glenn and then Linda(Elders investigator) and her son joined in. We talked about receiving answers.  It was a great night! :) not gonna
lie I look forward to not being a missionary and being able to go to social events and play and stay for longer than about an hour and not feel bad, ha oh the life as a Missionary!

Thursday
A day of planning and hmmm...I don't remember what else we did. Oh yeah we just did some stop bys and got dropped by another person, which is chill because that means The Lord will bless is with someone else to teach that is excited to learn more! :)

Friday
Sigh....can I just say I wish I could just pause life and go to the Temple. I was thinking about the things I do at home when I get sad and I was like what do I do? And I'd go to the Temple. What a glorious place the Temple is! I love it so much! Even just walking on its grounds brings comfort to a lost soul! How awesome is that? So I invite all of you to go partake of the wonderful Temple! And if you can't go inside, go enjoy the Temple grounds! They all are so gorgeous and I know you will feel Gods love. :) I even enjoy looking at The Temple pictures! So breath taking! :) so go enjoy it for me.  :)

Today was a day full of stop bys and we got to meet with Sister Vickers and then the Ackleys who I love them both so much and we ended the night with a lesson with Dorothy talking about the Holy Ghost more and receiving answers.

Saturday
A day of finding ending with a great dinner at the Tucker's and a great lesson with Glenn while we got eaten alive by those silly skeeders.

We had a yummy dinner with the Tucker's and then we taught them the Plan of Salvation because we could use the practice and we asked what we could do better and it went well. When the twins are standing by each other I know who is who very well but it is a little tricky when they aren't but I'm getting better. :)

After that we went to the Park with Ashley to have a lesson with Glenn and on the way there we got stopped by the train so we guessed how many carts there would be Sister wells Said 53, I said 92, and Ashley said 95, needless to say we all where wrong because there was 138! Ha it was fun!

We taught Glenn the Plan of Salvation and he has such amazing questions! He is just so amazing! We invited him to pray about baptism, he feels like it is still good but is nervous about making that choice to be baptized. He is so ready, well we still have stuff to teach but man this kid is so sincere! It is amazing! :) I am so honored to teach him. He didn't come to church which I was bummed but we new he wasn't. He told us after the lesson, and when he makes up
his mind that is what he is going to do, which is a good thing. I hope he sees a difference when he does come and when he doesn't. He already sees a difference in his days when he doesn't read the scriptures and when he does! Which is so awesome! I know reading the scriptures daily bring you Power! And who doesn't want Super Power?

Sunday!!
Sundays are the best days ever!! Like for reals! Even more so because guess who came? the Sarvers! They came to Sacrament! Oh my goodness I was beyond happy!! I sure do love them! :) they enjoyed it! And they are still reading the Book of Mormon! And the roof didn't fall down. They would joke that when they would come we'd have to hold the roof
Sister Hagman came back for a visit

up because everyone would be so surprised to see them. And people were, but no worries the roof stayed up! They felt the love! It was such a beautiful experience :)

So the Cool thing about being able to use Facebook as a Missionary tool is things like this.  I love hearing other peoples Testimonies!! One of the Sisters in our Mission decided to have us all share stuff with the #TeamSmile and this what came to mind.  I love wearing my Marissa bracelet that says "Share a Smile" on it and I thought that was perfect for #TeamSmile :D 


For those of you who don't know who Marissa is, Marissa is one of my friends she was the pianist in the choir I was in at School and coming back from Spring break she died in a car crash.  It was a really hard experience for me but I learned so much more about the Atonement. I know that we are loved!!

For those who can Go share your Testimony on Facebook!! and you can even share it to My facebook wall!! How awesome is that?? Share something that makes you smile and hashtage it!! #TeamSmile!!

I love you all!! Work Hard!
I hope you all Have a GREAT week!! Love you all!! Write me Yes?? That would be just super duper Awesome!!

Love,
Sister North  :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
800 Waukegan Rd. #203
Glenview IL 60025


No comments:

Post a Comment