Monday, January 5, 2015

The New Year brought the Cold

Date:  January 5, 2015
Area:  Hyde Park, Chicago
Companion:  Sister Graham

Hello Everyone!

So not sure how much time I have, the computer says like five minutes but sometimes it lets me have a little more so we shall see what happens.

I don't even know where to start...hmm...

This week was the week of service!  We have been really focusing on getting members more involved and building our relationship with them.  Something I have been wanting to do but it hasn't happened until now.

We have been making these cute little treats for them and writing notes for everyone and we have only done like nine out of a ton in the ward we are planning on doing more.  Wednesday it is suppose to be SUPER cold like 3 degrees without the windchill so we can see more miracles with the members.  It is working!  Not only are we doing that but my awesome companion has been able to cut ward members hair which has also helped get us in members homes and get to know them better on a normal level.  I have been reading a lot of childrens stories and it is super awesome and fun!  Know the Lorax  book? and the word Theeds I think? 

We did have some other really cool things happen for example we were going to the Cannons to cut their hair and on the way there we meet this lady named Tracy and she is interested in learning more so we set up an appointment with her for the next day!

Friday we met with her and did a lot of listening, she has been through a lot and is ready to change her life.  We taught a little about the Restoration but more about who God is and why it is important to have a relationship with him.

Then Saturday we had an appointment and taught the first haft of the Plan of Salvation and it was a really good lesson and invited her to be baptized on the 14th of February and she said yes!! Super exciting! but sadly she didn't make it to church and her phone was dead yesterday so hopefully everything is alright.

Something that is really cool about her story is that before she came to the bus stop she wrote in her prayer book a prayer to God how she wants to change her life and do better and then she met us.  In our first lesson I testified and promised her something and the spirit was there so strong it brought tears to my eyes, I don't remember what I said but it is so cool when you promise something and God backs you up. That is what happened I promised her if she did the things we ask her to do she will be blessed and I gave her some specific blessings and I know that to be true. 

I know that God gives us commandments for a reason and I know that when we do as he asks he will bless us so much and we will be so much more happier!!  God is so real and wants to help us so much it is crazy!  But he can only do so much, we must be doing our part.

I'll try to send you pictures later my ipad doesn't want to connect to the wifi but we are going to the Sisters apartment later and my Ipad usually connects to their wifi, if not you'll have some next week.

I love you all so much!! I hope you had a great New Years!
I got letters from:
-Tony and Shannon North
-Holdens
- Larsens
-and one of the daughters on her mission in this ward, she sent me good luck pennies from South korea which was cool

Thank you for all the support!! Good luck in School, Keep working hard, Remember to read your Scriptures and to pray!

Oh I also found out that someone from my last area might be getting baptized soon and My Mission Pres said I could go! AHH YAY!! :D So I am praying it will happen :D

I love you all!!

Love,
Sister North :D

No comments:

Post a Comment