Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Talk to Everyone, they wanna hear :)

Hey Ya'll!!!!! (as my companion would say)

How is everyone doing???  You know that I want to hear from you?  I really do :_  That is why I say it in every letter!  heheh :)  So here is my address!

Hey look a Tank!
Sister Amber North
Illinois Chicago Mission
800 Waukegan Rd.  #203
Glenview, IL 60025

Letters I received!
- Momma, Taryn, Ceaira!  Thanks for the cute little Monkey's  :)  They are on our door  :)
- Rachel Fisihetau
- Grandma Mary
- Taylor Holden (oh my goodness, for some reason I just died laughing...It is my fav!  Thanks Cuz!  I loved the card!!! :D

So this week was full of meetings and awesomeness!!!  :D

We had a New Missionary Training meeting which out of the about 160 missionaries in our mission 120 were there!  Super crazy!!! and Awesome!!!  What is funny about this is in some cases I am still a new missionary but because I am training I am not always considered a new missionary.  It is just a little weird!  But fun!  We learned a lot, like always trying and bearing testimony about the Restoration with anyone and everyone when you share something with them!

We had an awesome Zone Training/conference (not sure what to call it) and I sang, "Come Thou Fount and Sister Winn played the Piano.  It went well and the spirit was strong.  We are moving the work forward and the Lord is sure helping us!!  :)

We had a lesson with M**** this week, which went really well!  We talked about receiving answers through the scriptures and he said when he comes to know these things are true that he will be baptized.  The spirit was so strong and it was just so awesome!!

Something that is pretty crazy is we have THREE new investigators!  But, two of them happen to be in the Gurnee 1st ward so the Elders there will be taking them over!  One of them is a daughter of a lady that we have been teaching and she came to church with us on Sunday!  She had a ton of questions and said that it was long but she seemed to enjoy it.

The 2nd one we were going to go see a less active and we ran into this guy L****.  At first he kind of gave us the cold shoulder but then started talking to us and we were able to get his information.  Well we met with him Sunday night and we are driving there with one of our ward members and then I am like, "Oh no we are going out of our area."  So I called our District Leader to tell him, "Hey we are going to go teach this lesson."  The lesson was awesome!  We talked about the Restoration and L**** said that he would read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.  The spirit was so strong.  L**** might come to church but it was a soft commitment.  We are meeting with him next week and handing him off to the Elders.  When we asked him to pray about the Book of Mormon and read it he was like, "I got nothing to loose, and I like reading."  He is super awesome!!  I'm looking forward to hearing how he does!  Needless to say I was rather bummed to find out that he lives out of our area but I am still happy that we found him so the can hear this great message!!  :)

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/restoration

Well we had exchanges yesterday and I left my area.  It was awesome!  We taught two lessons.  One was with a Mongolian girl and she is learning English so that was interesting because we had to teach in super simple words that she knew.  The spirit was still there and she wants to keep learning.

Sister Lewis, Sister McCarey, Sister Winn, and Me
Then we taught this guy C**** the Plan of Salvation and he asked so many awesome questions.  We were able to clear up his concerns.  It was the best!!  He said he would be baptized if he found out this is right!  It was the BEST!!!  :)  Again the spirit was super strong!  :D

http://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/36950_eng.pdf?lang=eng

Oh super awesome!!  On Saturday our investigator K**** said that we could call her at 10am and see if she was able to come to church.  We called her and it went straight to voice mail.  I was super bummed.  Then at 10:30 she called us and said that she wanted to come!  She just needed a ride.  Needless to say she was at church and it was the best!!!  :D

hmmm..last week for P-day we went thrifting.  Pretty much it was the best!!  I got some new clothes  :)  That was fun.  :)

It has been a good week!  We have been trying our best and working hard!
I'm pretty cool with that Tank  ;)  haha

I love you all!!!

Thank you for all of the support you give me!!  :D

Have a GREAT week!!

Love,
Sister North :D





No comments:

Post a Comment