Monday, December 30, 2013

Cheerios!...I mean Christmas!...Happy New Year!!!

Sister H**** in the ward spoiled us!
She said she would bring us some soups.  Well she brought
 us a lot more.  It was such a huge blessing and those
cheerios I am pretty sure saved my life!!
Date:  December 30, 2013
Area:  Gurnee 2nd Ward
Companion:  Sister Grant

Hello to My wonderful Family and Friends!!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a wonderful HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I honestly don't have that much to say this week because well I pretty much was sick all week but I do want to start out with a scripture from what I studied this morning.

I was studying the Christlike Attribute of Charity and I just LOVE this Scripture passage!

Moroni 7: 45-48

45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
 46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
 47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

Yep, Charity is kinda a big deal!  It is something I keep learning and every time I think I learned it I find out that I really don't know it yet.  Keep doing your best to be like our Loving Savior and serve those around you.

This is a Video that is perfect for the New Year!! Don't look back, look forward to the future!  What are you going to do to make this year the Best yet?


Alright so you might be wondering why I wrote "Cheerios!...I mean Christmas!...Happy New Year!!!"  So like I said earlier I was sick all week and pretty much I lived of cheerios for at least two days, it was pretty sad but I am glad to say I am eating food again and It is sure tasty!!

This week we didn't have a lot of appointments but turns out that it was a blessing because we both could really do that much.  Sister Grant got sick Saturday night and on Sunday we only went to Sacrament because she was running a Fever and then Monday night I was struck with the dreaded Fever and then Tuesday came and things where looking pretty good.

So by pretty good she means she was still kind of feverish and didn't feel well and had no voice even by Wednesday.  :)  When we talked to her on Christmas afternoon she said she had been running over 103 fever the night before.  Her companion said she didn't have a voice that morning but her voice was doing better by the afternoon.  I asked her what they did after we Skyped and she said went back and slept mostly.  Poor girls, glad they are both doing much better.  Glad to see she pushes through and still tries her best.

We had the wonderful opportunity to take gifts to a Former Investigator for her Son for Christmas, He is so adorable and just wanted to play with me! It was fun!  I really do miss playing with kids but I am blessed with little moments to still play with them.  We got to talk for a little bit and we left her with a Prayer.  We even left her a Book of Mormon with our Testimonies.  She was very grateful for being able to help give her son a wonderful Christmas!  I hope that we will be able to teach her in the future but for now we hopefully will keep finding ways to serve her! :)

Sometime this week we also gave our Neighbor a "Oh to Joy" DVD and a Book of Mormon that also had our Testimonies written in them.  She said she is going to read it too!  So that was really cool!  Hopefully she will feel it's goodness because man The Book of Mormon is just AMAZING! and I just love it so much!!! :D :D

We taught K**** this week and our last few lessons with her haven't been the greatest, she hasn't wanted to talk a lot about the Gospel and the sad truth is we are no longer teaching her.  But I still love this girl and will be in contact with her after I leave this area.  My hopes is that she will keep going to Young Womens because that is such wonderful program and will help her in her life.

So yesterday we got to go tract! WOOT, It is also Cold! and it was Super Icy yesterday and Sister Grant was going up the stairs and well she almost fell and next thing I know her arm swings back and hits me right in the eye.  It hurt but it is fine and I can see.

It was a slow week but the Lord is still blessing us,  I am so grateful to have the chance to talk to my family on Christmas, I honestly didn't know if I would be able to seeing how that morning I could only whisper it was pretty sad but I regained some of my voice and had the chance to talk to them and it was awesome!! I love them!!
Before opening my gifts.

After!  Thanks everyone.

Thank you for ALL of the Support!

I Received Letters From:
-Jim and Marcia
-Sister Brittany Attanasio
-Elder Ethan Durrant
-Grandma Mary
-Megan West
-Sister Winn
-Spraktes
and in the awesome package from the Ward (THANK YOU!!!!)
I had some extra letters in there YAY!
Thanks!
-Sister Cowley-Oh man I loved the funny cartoon thing, It made me smile and laugh :)
-Loosli
-Edwards
-Shick- This Stickers are Adorable!! :)

Thank you all so much for your Support I am so grateful and I couldn't ask for a better Christmas Time, well it would have been nice not to be sick but what can I say it was still grand!!

I'll talk to you all Next Year! WHAT? haha Weird!

Have a Great New Year!

Love,
Sister North :D

If you haven't gotten a chance to send Sister North a letter, don't worry she doesn't mind getting late Christmas cards at all.  Just send her mail - A long letter, a short one, a postcard, a picture of you with a message on back.  ANYTHING

Sister Amber North
Illinois Chicago Mission 
800 Waukegan Rd #203
Glenview, Illinois 60025

Also remember you can check out her blog at sisterambernorth.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment