Monday, March 17, 2014

Miracles Happening EVERYWHERE!!!

Helping decorate for the Relief Society Dinner
Date:  March 17, 2014
Area:  Valpo, Indiana
Companion:  Sister Comstock

Transfer 6, Week two in Valpo!
HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY! :D

Letters!
-Mom
-Karoline
-Grandma Mary (2) -Mary and Mo Mo's drawing! Love them! :)
-Kegan Morrison
- Sister Brittany Attanasio :)
Hello to my Lovely Family and Friends!! :D

What Miracles have you seen this week?
I have had one amazing week, at some points it has felt SO LONG...but then I can't believe the week is already over!! The Lord is blessing us so much and people are just falling into our laps, falling from the sky! It is so amazing! I hope you enjoy! I love you :D

This is an awesome video!! We are never to young to help others! :D
-Dayton's Legs-




http://bcove.me/xzya0bw1


Monday March 10, 2014
P-Day it was chalax during the day but we had a great night. We got a media referral! Ended up not being too grand but it was good. Then we taught V**** about the first Vision and Joseph Smith and what we do as Missionaries! The spirit was strong! Then we met with Ali who was baptized a few months ago but hasn't been to church for a while and going through a hard time. We connected very well with her and we have high hopes that we will be able to help her. It was a good night!


Tuesday March 11, 2014
We had an awesome Zone Conference and I always go away from those wanting to do even better! Look up the "Hoyt Team" and the message from that is 'Together has Power'. It reminds me of the saying more hands make light work. We need everyone's help. I learned a lot and I just love our leaders.

Pretty much The Lord is putting people into our laps! It is so crazy and awesome! We came home after our meeting and then I checked the mail and I met a new friend named R****. I asked him how he was doing
he said he was doing well and he told us if we needed anything he was there. Then I asked if we could share a message with him about Christ, I think he looked at me a little weird but them said sure. I told him
my name and asked him his and then he said he lives in apartment number three and I was like "Pick number three my Lord" I asked him if he new what that was from he said no and I was like I think it is from
Shrek ha! (I'm weird) but it is me and people are here to meet meet! That is something I'm learning.

We went to our apartment called a member to see if she could come with is this week and said Friday during the day would work. So on our way out we stopped by R**** and asked if we could come over on Friday. We
ended up talking about the Book of Mormon a little bit and had a lesson with him! It was awesome! It is only Tuesday and we have gotten two investigators! The Lord really is hastening this work! Ahh so
exciting! :) I love it!

This is How I feel right now. (Tuesday Night) "And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all
diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith." (Enos:1:12)
I have felt like there is a lot of work to be done here and I know The Lord is preparing people for us to teach and as I have this desire to teach and share them the joy the Gospel brings me, he really does Grant us our desires, but we need to Trust that He will help us! I know that he will! :) How have you trusted The Lord and seen His hand in your life?

Wednesday: March 12, 2014
Today's message is at the right place at the right time. The Lord really does have a plan for us and he WILL help us reach it to our fullest if we let him guide us. It Snowed today and made the libraries close so we kept trying and getting wifi at different places. After we visited an elderly women we decided we would go see if McDonald's
Snow on the lights
has wifi we could use, turns out because of the crapy weather it was down but we met K****! Oh my goodness she is so amazing! She is 20 and she has always wanted to meet "a Mormon" and now she has met two! We
Painting last week

talked a lot about different things with her and I shared Enos 12 with her! She is the best! And we will be calling her later. Can't wait! We did some other things and went to Meijer's(it's like a walmart) and Sister Comstock was like let's go over and look at the foundation. We downloaded our area books when all the sudden boom! S. Comstock starts talking to her about makeup and then she asks us something like where do we go to church. Turns out she dated a Mormon in high school or something (random fact: the boy she dated is one of my friends from schools brother...small world..) she doesn't live in our area but she is ready to learn.  We are having people just fall into our laps! It is so crazy! And I am mind blown! But I know I couldn't do it without The Lord. He helps us, as simple as a thought saying to go to McDonalds or go look at that make up over there. People really are ready to hear this glorious message! The Lord will put them in our path! We just need to open our mouths! "Open your mouths and they shall be filled"  (D&C 33:8)

Thursday March 13, 2014
Today was slow and full of planning but we did have an awesome lesson with the Martinez family. We played "spin the bottle" and when it landed on you everyone would say qualities about that person. And we would add on that 'you are a Child of God'. What was crazy is when we spinned it, it went to everyone once! It was cool! And we talked about how we are children of a God. :) Kim that we met yesterday added us on Facebook! Ahh so great! And her status was talking about how she met Mormons! Yep pretty much super cool! :) We went to the Relief Society birthday dinner! It was nice to get to know more of the ward. Funny story, so Grandma Mary sent me a baby picture on Monday and they played a game with guessing each other from there baby pictures so because we helped set up this morning I brought mine later and it through everyone off just like I hoped. It was great! :)

Friday March 14, 2014
We visited the C**** and we got to clean there fridge and while I was cleaning it next thing I know I hear a loud pop! Well turns out at touched the light bulb with the wet rag and it didn't like it...and it sorta explode...no worries no one got hurt and Mr. C**** was like I didn't even know there was a light bulb there(at the bottom of the
fridge).  We had a lesson with Ryan our neighbor, it started off a little rocky but it ended with the spirit and it was awesome! It is so important to teach people to what they need to hear not what you have prepared to
teach them. We had an awesome lesson on the Atonement and he is planning on coming to church! Yay!
We gave random people at Meijer's Jesus pictures because we talked to Fred who is in his 90's and he likes to play the organ. We gave him one and this his wife and grandkids came so we gave them all one. Yay!
Apparently Spring has come.
Saturday March 15, 2014
A backwards kind of day. We had breakfast with D**** (LA) and Sister S**** at a place called 'Tate's' a cute little breakfast and lunch place. I had some yummy French toast and hash browns. As we left the table next to us asked if we go to the church in Valpo, we said Yes! Talked for a little, he has friends who are Mormons and he has been to some things. He is a Pastor but his wife you could tell didn't really know anything about Mormons. We exchanged numbers and we invited them to our service. Hopefully we will have a lesson with Mitch and Kim,
they are really nice. D**** asked us to go shopping with her and help her, it was good. We had a lesson planned with Ali to do new-member lessons with her but she wasn't there but Ingot to meet Brother W****! ...still meeting all these new members! Yay! ..tomorrow will be the big test of how many names I know. Ha!
We had dinner with Hillary a
Sister Comstock painting


nd her non-member boyfriend. They are awesome! And it was a good night. We are going to help them in the future with a free garage sell and if they get any money or canned goods they go to charity so that is cool! I look forward to that. Oh the backward day thing is our studies didn't happen until after lunch.   It has been a long day and I have been way tired but all is well.

Sunday March 16, 2014
-The GREAT moment when you feel like ALL the talks in Sacrament are for your investigator! :) The Lord knows what he is doing! :) -You only know how strong temptation is until you hit it. Like when you are going down steam, no big deal but when you go up it is super hard! -If we live according to our words, people will listen.
Today was great! R**** came to church!! Yay! It was awesome and Heather was the best member ever! Invited him to sit with her and her fiancé. And then we had a baptism after church and he stayed for that! It was
so cool! And when cute eight year old Bro. Palmer was baptized the spirit was SO strong! I hope he felt Gods love for him. We feel like he has more of a desire and his heart is being soften. It is so cool to watch! We also stopped by a few less actives, and one of them Diana, she is going through a stressful time in her life and it was cool to feel needed. We asked her if we could help with anything and we was so grateful for our offer and accepted our invitation! Yay! Service! You all should ask your missionaries for help we always love doing
service! :) it was a great day! :) I love Sundays they always make me happy! :)
You all are awesome!!
Thank you for all the support!! 
Love,
Sister North :D

Don't forget to write her, she loves letters!!!

Sister Amber North
Illinois Chicago Mission
800 Waukegan Rd #203
Glenview, Illinois 60025

No comments:

Post a Comment