Monday, March 24, 2014

Sister Bradley and I on exchanges waiting for the bus
Date:  March 24, 2014
Area:  Valpo, Indiana
Companion:  Sister Comstock
Week 3 in Valpo!

Hello to my wonderful buddies!!!

Letters:
-mom
- Ryan Holden
-Daniel Holden
- Taylor Holden
- Karoline
- Aunt Jennifer
- Jessy Salas
Sister Lewis and Sister Comstock
It has been a GREAT week!! This morning I went to the Dentist and Bishop Sarver is the Dentist and he was telling me how His daughter likes me! Because I was trying to learn all of there names...there are eight of them and guess what they sit on the second row in church! and they also have a green van, but it isn't a fifteen passenger, it is a little smaller but still, it is pretty cool :D

Time to trade back after exchanges

 
 
Taylor! I am so excited for you to go on your Mission!! You are going to love it!! :D Thanks again for the letters from your family!! :D ...PS Manti Temple is the BEST! Glad you got to go!! :D
Some of the Elders we sang with for conference

Monday Mach 17, 2014
Mom! Thanks for you card! It was perfect timing! See I'm not the only one with the magic! ;) hehe. We just chilled again which honestly is really nice! And then we had dinner with Sister Skeen and also played this triangle game thing, numbers still aren't always my friend but it was fun. We then went to visit Carroll her across the street neighbor and her husband and got to share a message with them about Courage.  We shared the Mormon message Courage: it is about Ester It was great! The spirit was there and it Testified to me that the Bible is Gods word! We talked about it and then she showed us a small clip from 'Joel o...' Preacher guy in Texas. And what was cool about this for me is that the spirit of the room changed. He is a great motivational speaker but he doesn't have the Authority, or have God backing him up all the time. It was crazy to feel such a big difference. It shows me how true this Gospel is and reminds me why I am here on a mission! Yay! I love it! Even when it gets hard, usually that is when we learn the most.

Tuesday March 18, 2014
We had a lesson with the Nickels family. They are Less Active, it is a dad and five kids. We talked about choosing the right and then play stop and CTR/Go, so before we could go again they had to say something they would do nice this week. I also got the nickname "Sister Pork-chop" and sister Comstock is "Sister Piggy" and later he tried to remember her name and called her like chopstock, it was close, and it sounded like 'porkchop' send I was like no that's me Haha :) We had dinner with the Archer family, they are so awesome! They have three adorable kids and we played the Holy Ghost game(hot and cold). It was fun.

Wednesday March 19, 2014
This morning while working out we decided to get our shoes and go for a little jog around the apartment in the rain, we ended up having a blast jumping in puddles after a little jog, it was a great
My new apartment
way to start the morning. :) This is my quote today "Sometimes you call tracting a good day when
you don't get the cops called on you." This week we have knocked on a hand full of houses but today we actually spent more then ten minutes knocking and guess what! The cops didn't get called on us! Ha! ...good times! ;) we talked to a few nice people and got one PNI from it. And then we had an awesome dinner with the Newman family, we talked about being like Jesus and being an example. They are going on a cruise this next week so we gave them each a Mormon.org card and invited them to give it to someone on their trip, I look forward to hearing what happens. We did some stop bys but nothing really came from it. I decided that ice cream sounded good and was like we should ask Victor if he wants some. He was working but we texted for a little bit and he asked us how many wife's we have and we responded something like 'one at a time but divorce does happen' and he responded ok, and told us that he doesn't like being lonely and that it has been since 2006.' It was cool to answer his real question. Usually when people ask us that it is because they are thinking of polygamy but he is searching for the right place for him and knowing that he can marry again is what he needed to hear. I know The Lord will help us in everything if he lets us.

Thursday March 20, 2014
We did some good planning today woot! Gotta love Thursdays. :) we had a super duper awesome
living room
lesson with Kim who we met at McDonalds last week at the Archers house. Oh how I love having lessons in Members homes! It is awesome! The lesson was great! Kim is so awesome and I just love her! We talked about the first few points in the Plan of Salvation and to start off the lesson we shared this video. So I am really bummed the video that we used won't come up online but it is this song and I just love this song! Enjoy :D

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/music/2008/10?lang=eng&session=2&song=1&media=video 
washer and dryer
Beds, bet ya can't tell which one is mine.

We talked a lot about why we are here on earth and that there was life before this. When I told her about the pre-earth life and that we lived and learned from God and that we came to earth to become like Him. She loved it and said it puts it into perspective or something like that. It is so amazing to teach the Gospel to others and see them understand and that the spirit is testifying to them that what we are telling them is true. I love it! We are all Gods children and he loves us so much! :)

We then had dinner with the Isacason family and I learned a new moose game.

Friday March 21, 2014
Exchanges!! Sister North going to Hyde Park....City time. I honestly love being on public transportation! Oh and today has been SO warm! She love it! I have gotten to ride the bus and train today. Funny story we were on the train and the guy sitting next to me had a cool purple tie so being me I tell him that I like his cool purple tie! ...but turns out he has head phones in so he didn't hear me..BUT the guy sitting in front of me chuckled a little bit and I was like well I still like it haha. Then it was time to get off but we started talking to them so we stayed on until the next stop and we got there contact information! Even cooler is they seem YSA age and so Sister Bradley and Sister Lewis can hopefully teach them! That would be awesome! ...so no effort is wasted! :) We had an awesome lesson with a sister and two brothers! The youngest brother is ten and he just blows my mind! He asked such amazing questions! And he was even like I think we should read this book, and go to church! And then we said a prayer asking if these things are true and Andrew (10) prayed and after his older Sister asked him if he thinks he will get an answer and he says "Yes, I have Faith!" And he
goes on saying how not all masers come at once! Oh my goodness this kid is amazing!

Saturday March 22, 2014
Wow WOW Wow!! We had the adult session for stake conference and it was so amazing! We had the wonderful opportunity to sing and be apart of this great meeting! There are 34 missionaries in the Valpo stake! We sang 'Hark all Ye Nations!' It was wonderful! And after I received the best compliment! From Brother Tucker! I was so surprised to see him as he has been in the hospital this week. I guess he heard me singing out of everyone and I don't even know what he said but he told me I had a great voice. It was so sweet. Later I was talking with the Tanners and Sister Q. Because I had
my desk
to say hi because they are in my ward and sweet Brother Tucker was there telling them that he heard me and I did a good job. Then Sis. Tanner asked if I was going to do a solo tomorrow and I was like who is going to play the piano?...(I'm glad I don't have to do a solo in stake conference) I wish you all could meet Brother Tucker, he is one of the most amazing men I have met and he is an inspiration to so many. Every time I see him I get so excited and he just makes you smile! I am so grateful to have this opportunity to be here in this ward and to cover the Portage area! I love it! Times are not always easy but We are on the Lords team! :) This morning when Sister Bradley and I were walking to the car we walked pass a guy and we both said hi and S. Bradley asked how he was...next thing I know is I am saying "Good!" And then I started laughing and pointed out to her that I just answered her
question....we both just chuckled.

Sunday March 23, 2014
I love Sundays! I love Stake Conference! I love meetings! :) Sadly Ryan didn't come, we went on a
Me in my new shirt!!!  Don't judge my hair I was cleaning
walk with him yesterday because our member ended up not being able to come so we didn't have a lesson with him but it was still good. We had Stake conference which was wonderful! We stopped by a Less Active and that went really well, her husband isn't a member and wants to feed us so that is cool. He is really funny. :) after we had dinner with Sister Hagman, she is older and pretty cool! We had pork chops and Dad you would be proud of me because I cleaned the bone haha. It made me think of you! Oh and what is that seasoning that you use when we make pork chops I am spacing
it. We then stopped by the Partlows
I love it here!! The Lord really is working Miracles!! They are everywhere!! What Miracles have you seen today??
I love you all so much!! Thank you SO much for all of the love and support! You guys are the BEST!!!
Love,
Sister North :D

Write Sister North, she LOVES mail.

Sister Amber north
Illinois Chicago Mission
800 Waukegan Rd #203
Glenview, Illinois 60025 

No comments:

Post a Comment