Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The week of Mission Tour :)

Date:  September 15, 2014
Area:  Hyde Park, Chicago
Companion:  Sister Lupule
Transfer 10 Week 4

Letters:
- Rachel Fishetau

The last few months or so I've been marking and studying in Preach My Gospel and this morning I finished!  So exciting!  I love accomplishing things.  There are so many amazing scriptures in Preach My Gospel and I sure do love the scriptures!

Monday:
We went to the Museum of Science and Industry and that was super awesome and HUGE!  Best part is it was free!  YAY!  So that was super fun.  We went with three other sets of missionaries.

Then for dinner we were invited to the Larsen's for their son Kimbol's birthday party.  We got to help finish with some last minute things like filling up the pinata.  There were other ward members there also and it was great to get to know them.  We bought him some sour gummy worms because the first time we were over we found out he likes them.  When he opened it he looked up and it was honestly the cutest face!  I was so glad we got them for him.
Museum of Science and Industry

Tuesday:
We spent the morning doing service and helped Billie do laundry and clean the house.  Her sister, who is the member, was at the doctors but oh my goodness is Billie funny!  She isn't really religious but we got her to sing a hymn with us and the spirit was there and I know she felt it.  I was so happy about that.

We had a lesson with this guy named Mark and something that is just super cool is he had a Jesus pass along card on his wall.  Come to find out he found it on the ground a few years ago and he is mind was blown that we hand them out.  We gave him two other Jesus pictures@  He put them on his wall.  He is cool.

Wednesday - Exchanges
The night before we exchanged and Sister Walton came to my area with me, it was soo great to get to know her better!  It is crazy that she goes home in a few weeks.  It was my first time leading the area and it went pretty well.  I feel like I don't know back up plans too well so that is hard but it went well and all worked out.

We visited Lowanda and talked about Testimonies and she told us she shared hers on Sunday.  She said it was scary but it made her feel good.  That is so exciting to hear.  We started reading Joseph Smith's testimony together and that went rather well.  She is doing so good!  She said she had a cigarette but she resisted the urge to smoke it and so she sold it for fifty cents!  I was so proud of her!  She told us how when she reads the Book of Mormon her urge to smoke goes away.  That is so powerful!

Something cool that happened is on the bus I met this lady Michelle, it was like my first week here.  She told me she wanted to meet, we were supposed to meet Sunday but we didn't have her address and she wasn't getting back to us.  So that was a bummer.  I pray we will be able to contact her.

Thursday:
The highlight of today was visiting Misty.  She is a sweet lady and it was great to get to know her son Tommy better.  He isn't a member but he is going to Seminary.  I got to practice Spanish with him and dude I actually members the basics of it!  Then we went over the first vision because it was a scripture mastery!  That was pretty cool!  He is a great kid.  I feel like he is going to change the world!
Theola and Leory, they are so great!

Friday = Mission tour
Best day ever!  Mission conference and then fireside to conclude the night!  So wonderful!

The morning started out with our Mission Conference!  It was so cool.  We had the entire mission together!  Ahh yay!  We even took a mission picture!  I look forward to seeing that.  It was such a great meeting and we were called to repentance!  The spirit was there and we learned a lot and recommitted ourselves!

After the meeting three other sets joined us in our area, one of the sets joined us for a lesson with Abosolo and honestly the lesson was such a struggle.  I felt so inadequate in teaching and man it was just sad.  Then the best thing happened.  At the fireside that night Elder Humula answered everyones questions, it was so incredible.  I was so grateful.

After our lesson I went into the Chapel and guess who I saw??  Glenn!!  Oh my goodness I honestly just wanted to give him a huge hug.  I was so excited to see him.  Then I remembered I was a missionary hahaha man I miss Valpo!  It was nice to see some familiar faces and some from Gurnee too.  Pretty sweet.

Saturday:
We had a car wash!  Thankfully the sun came out and it became more warm.  The days before were really cold, feels like October already.  :/  The car wash went well and we gave a few church tours and the Elders gave us the info and turns out four of them are in our area!  That's pretty exciting.  Looking forward to that.

We met with Theola and Leory and man they make me laugh.  We taught the first half of the Plan of Salvation.  Theola wasn't in the mood for cooking and we told her we could help.  They invited us to have dinner with them and we had friend pork chops.  I eat a lot more fired things here then ever before.  It is tasty!

We ended the night with Laura, Han, and Freddie with Sister Larsen.  They are from China and it was such a great lesson.  We talked about reading the scriptures and praying daily.  Then shared with them the daily bread video and they understood it rather well.  I am so excited to watch them progress.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-08-013-daily-bread-experience?lang=eng 

Our zone
Sunday:
Pretty much I think I ate more today than the entire week  HA!  Church was grand.  I gave the lesson on repentance in Sunday School and I think that went pretty well.  After church and our meeting we had lunch with all the missionaries and the Crooks (senior couple).  We had a pot luck type thing, it was the best.  And then after studies we had dinner with the Rudds!  YUM!  Then ended the night with Lowanda.  Speaking of Lowanda she helped us with the church tours and it was incredible.  She is a super star and everyone just loved her.

I love you all,
Sister Amber North :)

No comments:

Post a Comment